• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR/POWER meter .. advice ..

This is my first post on the ' WorldWide Radio Forum ' because in my country ( The Netherlands ) nobody can or will give me an answer !

I'm looking for a new reliable meter for swr and power measurement.
There are 2 things for me important and that is build quality and secure readings of swr and power.

There are two models that interests me, the Diamond SX-100 and the Daiwa CN-801H and maybe the Zetagi 700 professional.

Are you folks aware of these models in the USA?
If the answer is YES, who uses one of these and can tell me if you like them or not.

swr-meter.jpg

sx100-a.jpg

Greatings from The Hague, The Netherlands ... BolkeTB !!

Hi Bolke and welcome to the forum . I have and use a Diamond SX100. Its a great meter . Seems to be fairly accurate and has held up real good in the mobile .The only draw back with the SX100 is the size of the meter . Alittle on the small side and hard to see when in the mobile...73

That's a quick reply.
The SX-100 is not a big meter, I'm aware of that.
But that isn't important for me because I'm gonna use it for my basestation.

As long as the measurements are reliable and secure.

Perhaps there are some other models worth considering about !

Thanks ... Bolke ...

Here is another meter to consider.

Palstar WM 150
update_wm150.jpg

Specifications
Peak/Average power readings: 300 and 3000 watt range
Frequency range: 1.8 MHz to 60 MHz
True shielded directional coupler
Displays forward power, reflected power, and SWR
Dual movement meter system
PL259 Coax connector
Top cover is powder coat finished
115VAC to 12VDC adapter is included
Dimensions: 4.5" wide x 3.25" high x 3.25" deep
Weight 1.2 lbs./0.55 Kg

about $119.95 USD

I have that Diawa meter you posted. The SWR readings are pretty much right on when I compare it to my Icom 746 pro or Bird 43. The Peak power readings aren't that good unless you give it a tone or use higher power levels. But that's a standard problem with passive reading peak meters. I like the cross needle meter for loading up antennas and amplifiers. IMO, it's just much easier to see. If I want to get real accurate power readings, I switch over to the Bird 43P.

I also like the Palstar WM 150 , I run one and it is a very good meter, it has a TRUE active peak reading feature, the meter is powered by 12 volt DC, not just to light the bulb in the meter, but to provide power to a circuit that allows the meter to follow the peaks much better than passive meters can.
It also comes in a model that has a remote cable to the shielded directional coupler, allowing the meter to be placed on the desk( or anywere up to 14' away) with only a small/flexible cable conected to the RF unit with the heavy coax connections out of the way.

www.palstar.com/wm150m.php

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.