• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Teaberry big t

That is a neat radio, I don't think I have seen it before. Might be able to put some extra diodes in series with the modulation transformer? Here is some info:

Ahh , I thought it was the older tube model, not solid state.......
Must have been thinking of the "T" model, not the Big T.
I am getting old.

Jeff

Reactions: ShadowDelaware
That is a neat radio, I don't think I have seen it before. Might be able to put some extra diodes in series with the modulation transformer? Here is some info:

This has been my go-to for the Cobra 29 and the likes of. Works great. Glad someone mentioned it to me I think 4 or 5 years ago back in the CB Radio Show and Tell group on Facebook.

I know there were other bench techs that used the same 'techniques' when working on radios, but that sure looks like something that was on my bench back in the day! The 'checked component' and alignment marks, as well as the re-waxed tank coils was something that was inside every rig that left my dad's shop.
Either that, or those tanks are actually virgins.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.