• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ten-tec Jupiter and Omni7 SDR ?

Personally I would probably go the Elecraft K3 route (OK, I already did). I'm don't know from personal experience, so take this with a grain of salt but I have read grumblings about the length of time between firmware updates for new features & improvements from Ten-Tec. That could be completely bunk for all I know. I DO know from first hand experience that Elecraft comes out with new stuff and improvements all the time. In the short time I've owned the rig, I'm very impressed with the rate of improvements. The K3 RX specs are tops, too.

I'll second Moleculo's take. All I can say is do your research. Personally, after a month of using my K3 it is simply allowing me to hear stations that I often could not before I got it.

Be aware as you read reviews on eHam and elsewhere that there are simply some people who cannot be pleased and are most often the ones posting reviews. It is just human nature that makes us more apt to complain than praise. That said, it seems to me that TenTec has lost a lot of the buzz it had just a few years ago. That seems to have landed in the Elecraft camp now with the K3.

One thing to note about the K3 is that it is a complex radio but not especially complicated, in fact I'd submit that Elecraft has done a very good just of making the complex very usable in everyday operation.

the jupiter takes getting used too. I have blue screen. you can tune down to a single hertz at a time. I can cpy cw. the 538at jupiter has a cw reader. it works but not real well because signals must be s7 or better. Still i like this rig.

try to get either the omi 6+ or an omni 7. The k2 is somthing else as well. Look up
u-tube videos to compare. The k2 is very much superior by what i hear. I do not have one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.