• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star DX500V

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
OK I ordered the DX500V Ordered on Friday May 26 so it should arrive by Wednesday the 30 and was wondering what I should expect for performance. I will be driving it with a Yaesu FT-840. Anyone have any experience with this amp?

hello hammer i have one and i have had it since 97 and it still kicking. i use to run it with a 2950, and a ts 430 kenwood at the base. i didnt really need it with kenwood but every now and then i would kick it in . i would see about 525 -600 pep .
with the alc on the 430 it never put out more the 75-80 pep of drive. no amp or alc about 110 pep.i would see 475- 500 pep am and 650 - 725 ssb pep in the mobile, my 2950 was set up for ssb by nomadradio back then and both still work today.changed moblie but still got the radio and amp. checked it out and it is still the same watts. hope this helps.

I am still running the DX-500 that Justin set up for me, it has never been removed from the truck since it was installed.
100% trouble free, clean watts.

Load it like a box car
Drive it like a race car.

Jeff

The Texas Star 350 & 500 V's are great amplifiers and will last forever as long as you don't volt it, don't over drive it, and maybe add a fan to help keep things cool. I know I have heard Peakaboo has afew tricks he does to Texas Stars to improve on afew issues they have as well.

I got A DX 500V thats been HEAVILY modded ...
my me of course.. 8)
900w+ pep Class B with 2 fans...and u can honestly drive it
with a 1-2290 amp safly for the 900+ pep watts on a bird 43P
1000w slug 2-30 mhz...
100x better than a x-force 5-pill or 2x4 amp B biased...

AM POWER

750 watts from a stock 500V on a Bird 43P......I'd like to see that since a good dual final radio will push one to 500 er so watts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.