• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks to the peeps in charge...

Hc714

Apr 6, 2005
peanut state
for restoring my faith in this forum as a place to express ones self to a point, without fear of deletion. I will myself try not to stir things up , as I like many others feel this is the best forum for getting good info. And I too think we should all get along. We don't have to like or agree with each other as long as we are civil about things. We are able to agree to diagree.

I think we were getting along just fine. Out of nowhere a couple of individuals spring up to complain about being "left out" of a section they obviously had no interest in (if you're interested in the HAM section, become one). That is obviously my opinion and I'm sticking with it, but I don't understand why someone who doesn't want to be a ham, wants so badly to be included in what the hams are doing in their own forum.

I agree however, we can have some good discussions without having anything deleted here. I just fail to understand that as a combination CB/Freeband/HAM forum, why many seem to be completely able to get along, with only a select few causing issues for no apparent reason.

I am not one to apologize for how I am. In this case I'll apologize for people misunderstanding my satirical/sarcastic humor by starting my own section on the forum. I tried to be as ridiculous as possible in an attempt to get people to see just how silly the issue was but apparently some now think I'm a jerk or something. This is to the entire class, but I'm sorry if you think I'm a jerk, but the sarcasm/satire is a part of me, and it's not going away...

Take care everyone, the opinions expressed in the above post are not necessarily the views of the World Wide Radio Forum management or anybody else besides me...

"I am not one to apologize for how I am. In this case I'll apologize for people misunderstanding my satirical/sarcastic humor..."

That's good stuff right there. I love a man who can appreciate sarcasm :p

I now see that the new sections are gone, this was not my intention. You can see I had no voice in the first post addressing the amateur chat section. I only posted after a second private section opened. And I believe my post was as sarcastic as others. Guess its hard to see sarcasim when its not yours. My thoughts on this were akin to local government meetings and sunshine laws and the such. You don't want to be thought of as doing wrong, do things in the open. As was stated," we're not talking about you or any big secrets", so why hide it. If you were so scared of what the non-ham thought ,make viewing open but block non-hams from posting, Very simple to do, and then no finger pointing or wondering. Why would we want to stand in a corner and point and whisper about others. Secret sociaties do not belong on an open forum. They (private sections) only promote an elitist attitude, and tend to stir things up. As we see happened. Look at the top of the page it reads:

"The WorldWide Radio Forum
The best radio hobbyist's forum on the net"

Not CB Forum or Ham Forum. Lets keep things about the hobby and how to better use our equipment and our knowledge.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.