• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The good o'l days of USA

I have never been able to get any vehicle over 200,00 without having a major failure. Closest I have gotten was my 1994 Ford Explorer. The style still looked like a truck. Got to 198,000 and needed a new rear end. I am not that mechanically inclined that I could replace the rear differential myself. Traded in in before it was too bad. I miss that vehicle. My brother build the old school radio box between the driver and passenger. Power was directly from battery. Grounding block was directly to the frame. Had chokes on the fuel pump power line and the exhaust grounded. Antennas were in hood channel mounts.

I've had several vehicles run over 200K, and one over 300k without a major failure:

1994 Plymouth mini-van - 261k (6cyl) (engine)
1998 Ford Explorer - Transmission @ 278k
1982 BMW - 376k (electrical wiring)
1999 Chevy Lumina (218K) (engine related)

The Explorer was a beast. I miss it and the Lumina the most (1st place, Lumina 2nd place Explorer) I don't think I've ever sold/traded a vehicle that had under 200k. (I've done far less driving since retiring. My 2011 Dodge Journey 6cyl SUV is still under 90K)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.