• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The penetrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
blanket....another with more eloquence then i. my point exactly. kinda like, if before i tune my antenna i have 3500 watts out, & after i tune my antenna i have 3675 out. WHO could ever tell????

W5LZ said:
'M.C.',
So in other words, you're talking about mechanical quality rather than electrical.
Nope, Dave is. I'm just responding to his post.

A local just bought a $1,300.00 tri-band beam from M2. He has hired me to build and install it for him. He is replacing his Cushcraft antenna he paid $350.00 for. Is it worth it? It is to him and I know he will not regret his choice to spend the $$$.

Would it be worth it to you? Maybe not. I'm OK with that. But THAT (the cost and its worth to you) is a separate subject all-together!

Can one antenna be mechanically superior than another? YES! Can it also be electrically superior? YES! These are facts that have nothing to do with how much it costs or a person's OPINION if it is worth it or not.

I have recommended the Maco antennas time and time again. For most people, they would be happy and they will last a long time. Still, others will want more and be willing to pay for it.

Cebik talks about different feed systems and their efficiency. Look it up.

In the end, only you can decide what is, "worth it" to you. That doesn't make your decision wrong by any means, but please don't confuse your definition of "worth" to the actual performance quality of the product.

I'll bet a 3 element Maco in stock form will work better with a beta match than with a gamma match. I'm willing to prove it. We would have to agree what "better" means. For me, it would be which antenna puts more signal in the air, all things being equal. Stock gamma vs the off-the-shelf beta match from DX Engineering. Who's willing to put their money where their mouth is? See new thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.