• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TM-D700A...Anyone used one of these?

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
Was thinking about getting more serious with the 2/440 world and was looking at one of these radios... I got the 847 tied up on HF and wanted to get a dedicated rig for these Bands...

Just wondered if anyone had used one... heard one etc.. and their comments on it.. It's a Kenwood so I am sure it's a pretty good radio to start with.

Thanks for any input. :)

Yeah I am a member there as well and have liked the reviews seen... I was wondering if anyone here had used them... Like to hear all the input and the why's and why not's of the radio!

I had one and all the features were great, one thing I did not like,,,everyone said the audio was real treble sounding. Almost to the point it sounded overdeviated. There is no way to change this with the menu or change the mic. I have read on MODS DK that you can get into the service menu and change it but I never tried, LAZY, hence,,,,,,,,,,I sold the radio :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.