• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRS Challenger 40 SSB

Hawkeye

Feb 25, 2006
West Michigan
TRS Challenger 40 SSB......Saw this radio on the internet, does anyone know how they perform and apporximately how old they would be? I have never seen or heard of this model. Thanks for any info!

Hawkeye said:
TRS Challenger 40 SSB......Saw this radio on the internet, does anyone know how they perform and apporximately how old they would be? I have never seen or heard of this model. Thanks for any info!

I owned one for awhile. Nothing special. Looks better in a photo than it does on the desk.

You know what amazes the crap out of me sometimes ? , A friend of mind about a week ago found a little 23 channel Realistic Cyrstal controlled 50A (you could fit this thing in your back pocket) it was solid though. It was surely a virgin radio from the looks of things , alls I did was bring the watts down to 2 for his amp (that brought the audio up a wee bit in return) off his 5/8 wave Maco wired to a D-104 , I was totally blown away how good this little 30 year old back pocket radio sounded !! to be perfectly honest here , it sounded better then the few 2950s and other radios I heard out there that day , my buddy told them what the radio was and they just said.oh sure you are !! tell them the truth and they don't believe you anyway. IM sure that Challenger could tune up OK and more then likely do what it was supposed to do. When it comes to cb's , they all seem to do fairly the same watts , but there are those that have better audio/receive/rejection/and what not , I have no experiance with a Challenger all the same. Good Luck to you Hawkeye

Thanks Switch Kit. I thought it was an impressive looking radio and was just wondering if it performed as good as it looked. I was also told that it was a British radio?

Salutations!!

I'm looking high and low and under every rock for this TRS Challenger SSB 40 channel model 1400 and so far no luck and it's becomming annoying some. I really do want one very much !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking high and low and under every rock for this TRS Challenger SSB 40 channel model 1400 and so far no luck and it's becomming annoying some. I really do want one very much !!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: I'm content with a few of these now I have and they do perform quite really well if in top form or close !

73's

Reactions: Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.