• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Bearcat 980's are IN!

It looks like the main online CB shops aren't stocking them. If you can't peak, tune or convert they won't find them to be big sellers.

I still have a funny feeling that Uniden wants to be a golden child with the FCC.

I hope not, guess we'll soon find out.

It looks like the main online CB shops aren't stocking them. If you can't peak, tune or convert they won't find them to be big sellers.

I still have a funny feeling that Uniden wants to be a golden child with the FCC.

I hope not, guess we'll soon find out.

Still wouldn't be bad if it can sound decent and has a solid receive. The rest we can get around. A couple of beers and a nail clipper, and those pesky SMT resistors are gone! If it's a software thing, we might have to stand on our head, juggle, and sing "Lady of Spain" while pushing the On/Off button simultainiously with the mode, ANL, and channel selector.

Are you still getting down? :D

RT307

Uniden Bearcat 980ssb

I have two of these radios in the box sitting until the mods come out, hope I didn't make a stupid mistake! Oh well, they look cool anyway.

After a little tune up mine works great, I like it a lot because of it staying dead on frequency, sure not like any of the Galaxy radios, sail boat drifters.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.