• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden pc 68 ltw China made

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't complaining about lack of prompt service. All he wanted to know was what pot to turn for his AMC, but he got "You'll just cause...." and "If you don't have a....." and "I don't know the answer to your question, but here's....." from "senior members." It's your approach that needs improvement. I've seen it plenty of times and experienced it myself. Your style of interaction doesn't encourage newcomers, it runs them off. It is the job of "elmers" to be friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic. Most of the time it sounds more like the third degree here. You could have said "VR5, but be sure to....." He wasn't impatient, he was frustrated with a forum that claims to be welcoming and helpful. I've read the mission statement of these forums yet the actions here don't reflect that. This is a hobby--pure and simple--and we do it for fun. Your attitude towards newcomers says a lot on whether you think others should be able to take up and enjoy it as well.
Couldn't disagree with you more.
He was impatient and demanding, asking on a Sunday with fewer members present and then expected to be served like McDonald's.

I could buy that if no one answered him at all, but you didn't comprehend my post, Robb. He GOT replies that didn't answer his question. As I said, first he got the obligatory "You'll put your eye out" reply, then the next guy sent him down the wrong path, apparently because he didn't know the answer to his question. Why reply if you don't have the info the OP is looking for and then expect him to not get frustrated? You can disagree with me all you want, but I've seen this more than once here, and it doesn't live up to the "About Us" (mission statement) this website claims.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pikeapn
I could buy that if no one answered him at all, but you didn't comprehend my post, Robb. He GOT replies that didn't answer his question. As I said, first he got the obligatory "You'll put your eye out" reply, then the next guy sent him down the wrong path, apparently because he didn't know the answer to his question. Why reply if you don't have the info the OP is looking for and then expect him to not get frustrated? You can disagree with me all you want, but I've seen this more than once here, and it doesn't live up to the "About Us" (mission statement) this website claims.

I think ASW put it all into perspective just fine already
He said:

Sorry you feel that way. We would like to have about 100 tech's to stay on the forum 24/7 to answer every ones questions within 2 minutes but we are just a bunch of good guys that try to help other radio operators out between trying to make a living and dealing with life's little challenges.
Best of luck.
Jeff

Reactions: sonoma
Hmm.

@Inquietude - Where were you when this all came out - why are you now telling those that at least made an attempt to Quantify let alone Answer the question - that we are at fault for someone whom wanted a answer that in some instances would have been the wrong thing to do?

The way this all came down to an answer - and how it got there, is what this forum is about, to prevent the owners of their problems from getting hurt, being hurt or told to do something that could wind up hurting others and or cost a lot of money to UNDO the damage that was done.

It would leave a bad taste in someone's mouth had they wound up having to deal with the end reults if wrong advice been given and you could have helped prevent such a situation from unfolding had you acted towards that new customer; in appreciation for your efforts to make it here - please be patient.

I don't see how to keep simple answers from expounding into Mountains of Mayhem just because we asked questions back - we are not your parents, but we are in a way, parents to those that want to do something that may have consequences we know can hurt others.

The questioner, may now be aware, nor care for the responsibility of operation after we tell them - that is their business.

We have an obligation to provide a service - by that very same Mission Statement you just quoted us - to provide for the best possible level of service - even though they may not like to hear - "Do you want fries with that?"

Andy, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your knowledge and your work. I have learned much from you from many years past, particularly from your cbtricks page. I'm very glad you have resurfaced after your hiatus a while back. The point I'm trying to make is we fail to look in the mirror and see if our attitudes are helping or hurting the hobby. No one wants to hear the dire warnings about all the horrible things that can go wrong if someone turns up an AMC pot. I think that guy who answered in that fashion gives these radios far more credit than they deserve. The PC68 doesn't have a 20 watt modulator. The forum title and description already includes the warning "USE YOUR BEST JUDGEMENT." I have been here longer than you have and it's clear to me that some of these guys are not trying to save the band from splatter or some newcomer from smoking his radio as you speak of. They come off as trying to sound smart by being harsh to someone new who came to them for help. Where was I? I don't come here that often for that very reason. It's the wrong attitude. The tone is unfriendly to newbies. You won't win any hearts and minds that way. One can convey the same wisdom without sounding like a jerk if they try. In fact, the other guy suggested swing and variable power mods without warnings as to the chaos you speak of that we must avoid at all costs apparently. I'd say this could cause more "damage" than turning up any AMC pot could (maybe he can't solder). Also, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION to rattle on with your technical insight as much as you want as far as I'm concerned. Your knowledge is a true ASSET to this community. Anyone complaining about the volume of information you are providing must have sore toes. I only hope the often harsh tone on these forums doesn't spoil your good nature.

Reactions: Pikeapn
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.