• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden wireless

undecidedcallsign

Nov 3, 2013
I like this wireless mic but does it make you sound to amateur? Can you have a selector switch to have 2 mics connected so when you want to be low key you can flip switch and when you want more power switch to a power mic or do you have to keep plugging and un plugging?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Anyone? Also do they make a 90 degree mic adapter. My mic comes straight up from the front and my arm hits it. I would like to have it at a right angle.

What does a 6 pin mic have over a 4 pin other the 2 pins? Am I losing anything using a four pin adapter?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

the secret to wiring a mic plug is being able to articulate the cord and the plug so that the wire you want to solder is sitting right in the right spot on the plug.

something like this should be available at any electronics store for a few bucks:
Soldering Workstation Stand with 5X Magnifier Adjustable Clamps | eBay

first, melt a little solder on each tab on the plug.

then, strip the outer jacket on the cord back about 1".

now strip each wire back about 1/4", and twist the strands up.
then tin each wire.
then cut the ends off the wires so that only about 1/4" still sticks out past the insulation. (when you tin the wires, the insulation will "melt" back a little bit)

now you just use your "electronics holder" to put the correct wire right on top of its corresponding tab, and solder in place.

oh, and the biggest thing to remember?
put the outer shell of the mic plug on the cord before you do any of this! LOL

just like anything else, it just takes practice.
LC

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio