• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uPD 858 ssb chassis arduino control

And now I'm getting nothing on the channel display. I had seen a promising change on the ones digit looking almost right with an extra segment lit, then nothing. MCP23017 will no longer respond.

So now I'm stuck with a completely dead project until I can get some parts in.

Only reason I can think that the first one went so easy was too fool me into thinking the second one would be as well.

My crappy wiring job is the most likely culprit. I received some new MCP23017's this week, and started building replacement boards for the display and PLL interfaces. Hooked them up on a breadboard to make sure they both worked. Luckily they did, or at least didn't throw error messages.

I did notice that the display ones digit had the same problem as before, one extra segment lit. Tracked it down to a trace on the strip board that didn't get cut all the way through. I thought I had checked that, but apparently not well enough. Cut it, again, and retested. Ones digit now working perfectly, just like the tens digit.

Don't know if I'll get both of these installed into the radio this weekend or not. But at least now I have working chips. The dead ones were holding up progress a bit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.