• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO “ClearSpeech” DSP Speaker

Well crap! The bracket for my speaker broke! I had it mounted sideways off the side of the dash in the Freightshaker and it broke right by one of the mounting holes. I emailed West Mountain support to see if there is any remedy they can offer. In the meantime, the speaker is now presently HD velcroed to the lower right corner of the dash just under the lower cig lighter plug.
Just getting ready to go down to the truck and fiddle with some radio things (maybe change radios?) and install the Powerwerks PD-4 distribution box.

JD

Well crap! The bracket for my speaker broke! I had it mounted sideways off the side of the dash in the Freightshaker and it broke right by one of the mounting holes. I emailed West Mountain support to see if there is any remedy they can offer. In the meantime, the speaker is now presently HD velcroed to the lower right corner of the dash just under the lower cig lighter plug.
Just getting ready to go down to the truck and fiddle with some radio things (maybe change radios?) and install the Powerwerks PD-4 distribution box.

JD

Sorry to hear it.

Mines been tougher than I expected, but the bracket has always held the speaker from up or down, not to side.

HD Velcro plus zip ties every time.

Where possible I’ve always tried to have truck shelf or other help support it.

Big trucks take some road hits too hard. On this KW I bumped the tire pressure back up after some delayed suspension work was done, the velcroed radio + amp came flying out at me yesterday 100-miles later.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdchet

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.