• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what do I need?

wrong way

Dec 3, 2008
columbus ohio
I got a 70 amp and a 120 amp alt running into one red top (I know I probably shouldnt). I run a 1x4 now and want to run the 120 amp to a seperate battery set up maybe upgrade the 120 to like 200amp but I want ONE KICK A## battery that I can use to run a 2x8 or my 1x4 to a 16 pill MY ? is What battery do I need to do this? Maybe two but prefer ONE big one. any suggestions would be appreciated...

Best thing I can think of is a battery with the largest capacity that will fit into whatever space it has to fit into. Not knowing 'where' that may be, how about a 12 volt golf cart battery?? Or several? I don't have any idea, that's up to you. Good luck.
- 'Doc

Batteries

Check out the Optima line of batteries, too. I have them in all of my trucks. They are great. AGM, low self discharge rate, mount in any position, even upside down, etc. Just one more option to look at.

PR

mole, is that how you are rolling? a $300 battery???

I wish! Well, based on his question, it looked to me like he wanted one kick ass battery and just wanted to be done with it. Hell, an Optima Yellow Top is $200...spend just a little more and get the best :)

I have to say I really love the Optimas but I'm not happy the way they have climbed in price the last five years. A Yellow top used to be $159 bucks, now the Red tops are that much or more.

If cost is a concern, and IF you have the room, look at either 4d or 8d truck starting batteries. Or even the deep cycle models for the marine market. Big and Heavy, but lots of reserve.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.