• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What happens if a full wave loop comes up high in the middle?

Look at the manual, page 7, Matching Problems.

Same info as the AH4, avoid multiples of a half-wavelength

Physics is Physics, so the information from the spread sheet will work for any tuner.

Look at the manual, page 7, Matching Problems.

Same info as the AH4, avoid multiples of a half-wavelength

Physics is Physics, so the information from the spread sheet will work for any tuner.

does that apply to a full wave loop, I mean that is not really that same as a full wave dipole would be

I mean my manual lists this issue with dipoles, not full wave loops, and the full wave loop is a common antenna, so I am sure this will not be an issue

Yes, it does apply,

Look at the spread sheet, it covers dipoles and loops

Measure out how much wire you will be putting up.

On line 6B of the spread sheet enter the constant for a loop, 502.5

ANY numbers you see on that graph are lengths NOT TO BE USED.

You can even look on the other tabs and it shows a graphic of the wire lengths.

Any length that has a character occupying the space is NOT TO BE USED. If there is no character, that represents a good choice for wire length

So lets just say 500 feet there is an * that means do not use 500 feet or you will have difficulty on that band tuning.

Then if the next spot is let's say 508 feet where you see an *, then anything in between 501 and 507 feet will be easier to tune.

Then check if there are any warning areas for each band you plan to use.

Yes, it does apply,

Look at the spread sheet, it covers dipoles and loops

Measure out how much wire you will be putting up.

On line 6B of the spread sheet enter the constant for a loop, 502.5

ANY numbers you see on that graph are lengths NOT TO BE USED.

You can even look on the other tabs and it shows a graphic of the wire lengths.

Any length that has a character occupying the space is NOT TO BE USED. If there is no character, that represents a good choice for wire length

So lets just say 500 feet there is an * that means do not use 500 feet or you will have difficulty on that band tuning.

Then if the next spot is let's say 508 feet where you see an *, then anything in between 501 and 507 feet will be easier to tune.

Then check if there are any warning areas for each band you plan to use.
Can this list be found online?

i see what you are saying hammer, but I plan to go a little bigger than full wave any way, so this might not even be an issue in my case. I think I just about got it worked out where I may not even need to fold it inward on the east side of the loop

I local is helping me out with it, and from what he is showing me this should work well on 160m and AWESOME on 80m

With that diagram picture you posted you may have some mutual coupling with your aire/ will skew the patern of the antenna. But it will not stop you from making contacts.

you may want try an all band doublet, then put your loop up and compare them.

Antenna's are physics, formula's and what not. the variable is the installation and surrounding structures, soil quality etc etc. So no two antennas will ever perform the same at two different locations.

you will just have to experiment and find out which one works best for your location.

The neat things about rolling your own is that certain types of wire antennas have a very predictable pattern. Use that pattern top get the main lobe in the direction of the globe you want to make contacts to.

A Full wave loop is a toss up as to what direction it will radiate from your qth. But you will never know until you try.

Most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: