• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What local Ham Radio Club do you participate in?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I thought it might be of interest to others searching for local ham radio clubs for forum members to post up any club that they participate in. What's your club and what type of activities do you do?

Hi Moleculo,

Good to see & meet you on here. Well this thread may get some positive responses, we can hope so.

Are you a ham? What club do you belong to?

They may be many who are choosing to remain anonymous at most places they visit on the internet. I'm a ham but have chosen something else for a user name here rather than use my call sign. A call sign is an identity. Stating what club one may belong to is revealing a close location, and some folks may decline to do even that.

Just a thought. Hey !! Go forth and have fun with radios!!

interview.gif

The way I see it, if someone really wants to find you....they will.....

With that said, I'm just getting back into Amateur radio after a 15+ year absents, and just recieved the first of two radios ordered...(a Yaesu VX-170 HT), so at this moment I do not belong to any clubs. However, when I was active I did belong to one of the area repeater clubs known as SPARC, Shore Points Amateur Radio Club, located in the Atlantic City (NJ) area.
Depending on how much I get back into amateur radio this time around will determine wether or not I join it again and maintain membership.....

Member Virginia Mountain Amateur Radio Club.

Maintains several local repeaters two of which are on a mountain top elevation for excellent coverage here in the mountainous region of the west-central highlands of Virginia.
Maintains a EOC/Club room in a converted classroom of an old elementary school which is now a community center.
Maintains a working relationship with the local Red Cross and two local community hospitals both of which have emergency amateur equipment and trained and licensed staff to operate said equipment.
Participates in local community events when requested, to help provide communication for the event.

I guess the club does some of the same kinds of things that other clubs across the nation does in their varied activities.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio