• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who makes this tube amp?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
cannot find any specs just like to get some info on it.

2011-10-20_10-44-42_572.jpg

I used to own an amp just like that. No name on it, ran 3-30KD6 tubes. Has no transformer in it for HV, uses a voltage multiplier design right off the 120V line. Dangerous to work on. Great amps as far as clarity goes, but you always had to make sure that your caps and diodes are updated, if a cap or diode went short, it could get U-G-L-Y. They were good up to about 300-350W SSB. Low drive amp, only needs 2-3W deadkey on AM (15-18W swing) and 15-18W SSB to drive it full output. I'd love to have my old one back again, actually.

Pull the cover off and take a pic inside. :)

~Cheers~

I used to own an amp just like that. No name on it, ran 3-30KD6 tubes. Has no transformer in it for HV, uses a voltage multiplier design right off the 120V line. Dangerous to work on. Great amps as far as clarity goes, but you always had to make sure that your caps and diodes are updated, if a cap or diode went short, it could get U-G-L-Y. They were good up to about 300-350W SSB. Low drive amp, only needs 2-3W deadkey on AM (15-18W swing) and 15-18W SSB to drive it full output. I'd love to have my old one back again, actually.

Pull the cover off and take a pic inside. :)

~Cheers~

A local is selling it refuses to tell me what's inside since it only does lame 300w ill pass.

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

Are you looking to get down and drop the maul?

Makes ya wonder why he won't tell ya what's in it.

He's not a ham. That's forsure.
Just looking for a tube box larger with X amount wattage.

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

Looks a bit like the old 'Foot Warmer' amps. Correct on the transformerless design. I wouldn't touch one, especially one that I can't see the inside of.

Это не хороший товарищ Морс

i had one very similar it was mint .lost it in a lightning strike .sold it after that .it wouldnt key up .

heres the inside

mine was called a bearfoot i think .something like that

barefoot300.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-16

barefoot3001.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-16

barefoot3002.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-16

barefoot3003.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-16

and yes it done about 300 clean watts very smoothly .i`ll bet all it needed was keying transistors but i wasnt working on it .you got to remove the whole chassis from the case to get to the solder side on these amps .

Looks a bit like the old 'Foot Warmer' amps. Correct on the transformerless design. I wouldn't touch one, especially one that I can't see the inside of.

Это не хороший товарищ Морс
друг спасибо ! cheers(y)

looks like a simple design yea dont think id be one to touche those caps. been shocked once too many by those basterd giant caps!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.