• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

why do people....

I am going to go down there with my friend befor I have to work at my sec job and have a talk with him....

Highly recommended is all relative to who is doing the recommending. Bad shops that are still in business are obviously making some people happy or they would go under. The way to find out is to ask what they will be or have done, specifically, to the radio. Ask what kind of equipment they use. You can use this information along with recommendations to gauge if that shop is right for you. Not all operators necessarily look for the same thing in a tune/alignment.

Saying that "new CBers" are all ignorant or "uneducated" is pretty inflammatory. It is also generalizing as absolute with an implication of "all". When you speak in absolutes it shows a degree of irrationality. There are many new and old CB operators alike, who operate very dirty and bad sounding radios. Just like there are many new and old CB operators who have very good sounding set-ups. This forum tends to cater to those of us who care about the quality of the signal we are transmitting. Making people feel uncomfortable or offended may steer them to other forums for advice. Many of the other forums contain the very irresponsible operators you speak of. We want more people getting good advice don't we? It would do the hobby more justice to just help without the derogatory statements. That way we can share the proper "education" to those who don't know. Then they will. We will all be happier on the air in the long run:D.

Ignorant is NOT a derogatory or inflammatory word and most if not all "New Cbers" are indeed ignorant.
Ignorant does not mean stupid, just unknowledgeable or inexperienced.
English class is dismissed.
When I first got into CB radio I was ignorant too.

Ignorant is NOT a derogatory or inflammatory word and most if not all "New Cbers" are indeed ignorant.
Ignorant does not mean stupid, just unknowledgeable or inexperienced.
English class is dismissed.
When I first got into CB radio I was ignorant too.

I know what it means. I used it correctly. Knowing one lacks knowledge and experience should drive one, who has it, to help. Pointing out someone's lack of knowledge and experience is no help at all. It is just being rude.

Now back to the thread topic please.

Why do people advertise something as something it really isn't? Cuz' they want to sell it, or convince someone that they just -have- to have one. It's beneficial for the advertiser because he/she doesn't want it anymore, whatever.
How about that "as something it isn't" thingy? Lots of reasons, which range from not knowing any better to not caring. "Buyer beware" is something that should be placed on anything that is being sold/given away. ESPECIALLY on eBay! (Sorry, eBay, but it's the truth.)
Ignorant. Really does have a meaning. It means you/I don't have the knowledge you should have, or maybe all of the knowledge you should have. How about 'uneducated'? Does that make it 'feel' any better? Means exactly the same thing. There are lots of things I'm ignorant of! Nothing wrong with that. To keep from being called 'stupid' rather than 'ignorant' just means that you don't try to become knowledgeable about whatever it is you don't know about. I can honestly say that I am 'stupid' about somethings because I have absolutely no desire to know any more about it than I do now. (Knitting, for instance. Or brain surgery?) Mainly because I have no reason to be knowledgeable about something.
That's enough of that...
- 'Doc

I am thinking of taking a 6 month vocational brain surgery class. When Obamacare kicks in they will need some low cost surgeons and I want to do my part. :laugh:

But you'll have to be on the approved list of physicians comrade.

Instead of charging $50,000 an hour, I'll charge $100 an hour like a Ford dealer does!
A surgeon and politician have something in common....no matter how bad you screw up, you still get paid.

Think that the best definition of 'stupid' is learning something and still choosing to do the wrong thing; ignorant means that you don't know either way.

In any event, mkube solved his dilemma and everybody is satisfied with the results.
OK then.

wow

last person that called me ignorant. was eating threw a straw.for 6 weeks
you could have used a better word.

Think that the best definition of 'stupid' is learning something and still choosing to do the wrong thing; ignorant means that you don't know either way.

In any event, mkube solved his dilemma and everybody is satisfied with the results.
OK then.

OH I don't know about that. I work with a couple guys that fully know the proper way to do something yet they consistently do it differently every time. The reason is they do it is out of sheer ignorance to everyone else as they seem to enjoy making things harder for others. That is indeed being ignorant. Perhaps a different definition of the word but the same word nevertheless.

I think people just need to put on their big boy pants and stop getting bent over a choice of words. This is the internet for God's sake. It's full of insults and insinuations and words that someone somewhere will take offense to sometime for no real reason. Want proof? Check out a thread about what amp is the best to buy. :D

Captain Kilowatt;443796 I think people just need to put on their big boy pants and stop getting bent over a choice of words. This is the internet for God's sake. It's full of insults and insinuations and words that someone somewhere will take offense to sometime for no real reason. Want proof? Check out a thread about what amp is the best to buy. :D[/QUOTE said:
Davemade audio is the best and anyone who disagrees is ignorant, stupid, and a moron. :laugh: That is a quote from mauldroppers.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.