• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Would you trade your ICOM IC-7000 for a...

Were long time friends and frequently trade stuff back and forth. Seems like we take turns on getting the better end of a deal, so it all works out in the end.

My 7000 was purchased from HRO when they were running the 2 year warranty deal, so he'll have peace of mind for awhile.

If I was using it at home only, then yes I would make that trade. However, I'm using my IC-7000 as a mobile, so I would NOT make that trade.

i had one to many

Icoms,never again,same with alstinkos...had a new one and went out a year after wartenty an d didnt have parts in stock at alstinko...Kenwoods and Yeasu,and my Siltronixs...

I do miss the 7000. I would not trade it back though.

Well then; what do you miss about it?

If you go by the many reviews of both radios on eHam; they both have their failure points and their fan base. Overheating and output failure on the Icom, and the ceramic filter failure on the 2000. Never had the Icom; never had a ceramic filter failure on the Kenwood.

So now that you've owned both - what do YOU think?

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5338
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1249/

I did like both, but the 2000 sure is one ugly looking radio. Hate to say, but that was the main reason it went bye bye.

The 7000 is a better radio in my opinion. Easy to figure out, especially if you operated an Icom 706.

I did like both, but the 2000 sure is one ugly looking radio. Hate to say, but that was the main reason it went bye bye.

The 7000 is a better radio in my opinion. Easy to figure out, especially if you operated an Icom 706.

So you no longer have the 2000 nor the 7000? How did you like the crossband repeat on the 2000?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.