• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu 1900R mobile antenna pairing

ND88

Feb 7, 2014
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Hey guys, got a question for you.

I have a Yaesu 1900R I've been sitting on for nearly 2 months now. I'm wanting to install it in my truck but i'm not really sure what kind of antenna would be best. I think I'd like to put in a permanent mount, but I am also open to mag mount suggestions. I know the 1900R is a single mode radio, but I'd like the antenna to be dual banded for if and when i decide to upgrade to a vhf/uhf rig.

I will be getting my ham license soon so for now I am unable to transmit but would like to listen for the time being.

There is a ton of antenna options for you. Look at the Diamond or Comet series just don't believe the gain figures. My personal favourite is the Larson 2/70, Larson is a commercial manufacturer and their stuff last forever.

As for mount, a mag mount is fine to start with but a hard mount is better. Whatever antenna you go with use an NMO style mount as this offers the best option for vhf/uhf.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.