• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8DR freezing with "pager" sql type

Gregflier

Mar 11, 2014
Any time I select or scroll through "pager" on the "SQL type" (item #95) menu the radio will freeze or reset itself. I have done an internet search and haven't come up with anything. If it freezes sometimes taking the battery out fixes it, sometimes it even needs a reset to start working again.

This happens 100% of the time with more then 10 tries and several complete (3 left buttons then f) resets.

Does anyone know of a solution to this?
Am I doing something wrong?

The radio is brand new (2 days old) mail order from HRO and I have done no computer hookups or mods.

Any comments appreciated.
Greg

Hmm...that's a new one on me. This radio has been out for years and that's the first problem of this nature that I've heard about. I would exchange it and see if the next one has the same problem.

VX-8DR Issues

I, too, have had it freeze several times. It is frustrating because the radio is brand new and the only fix I found was to reset the unit which erases all of the memory I programmed. :headbang

I am not sure where to go from here. I may have to return it and request another radio. This is my only radio so I really hate to be without it.

73's Jason

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.