• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8R unable to turn ON ARS

cheewooi

Jul 30, 2009
I have some problem here turning on Repearter ARS in my VX-8R.
When I enter #76 RPT ARS from the MENU, it indicate that the ARS is OFF. However I turned my knob, press the up and down arrow, I can't switch it on. I even reset my HT, but still the same. Any solution for this?

Appreciate yours feedback on this.

Automatic Repeater Shift setting is # 74 on my radio. Are you using the US version or the European model, or ???

If you are actually talking about MENU 74, RPT ARS, did you push the MENU key to enable changing the setting?

After you push the MENU key you can then make any needed changes to the setting.

If you are talking about MENU 76, RPT SHIFT FREQ, you cannot change that from the MENU settings unless you used a standard offset when you programmed the transmit frequency. If you have a split frequency entered, or if you entered the actual transmit frequency instead of a standard offset, then that value can only be changed by reprogramming the transmit frequency for that channel.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.