• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8r VS. Kenwood TH-F6 Poll

Your opinion on these hand helds?

• Yaesu VX-8r

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Kenwood TH-F6

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Whats everyone's take on either of these radios? IF you have / had both at one time or one after the other what do you like and dislike about it? How about a side by side comparison or breakdown Feature vs Feature.

I picked the Yaesu VX-8r primarily because of its' waterproof design and durability. I've owned both of those and the TH-F6a is a fine HT. I really liked that it had the ability to RX SSB and the compact size. I also liked 5 watts on 220Mhz. On the Yaesu VX-8, I like the hand mic better and the memory management is fantastic. I wish that the GPS was built in like the 8GR, but it was their first attempt at integrating GPS. And of course, APRS on the VX-8 can be fun.

Personally, I think a case could be made to own both HTs.

Reactions: 2 people
I picked the Yaesu VX-8r primarily because of its' waterproof design and durability. I've owned both of those and the TH-F6a is a fine HT. I really liked that it had the ability to RX SSB and the compact size. I also liked 5 watts on 220Mhz. On the Yaesu VX-8, I like the hand mic better and the memory management is fantastic. I wish that the GPS was built in like the 8GR, but it was their first attempt at integrating GPS. And of course, APRS on the VX-8 can be fun.

Personally, I think a case could be made to own both HTs.

How's the Receive on the VX-8DR over the THF6 for Shortwave and AM Broadcasts ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.