• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yes... no.... maybe? "X" antenna.

O

oldslowchevy

i know i know, you all are getting tired my dog on dipole questions. but while at work i had a couple of ideas, and before i start building something that could burn up my radios tring to tune i figure i should as you guys.

what about an "X" type dipole antenna?

i see it working 1 of 2 ways.

way 1....

have the coax come up in the center and attach each element being bent in the middle.. ">" then the coax "I" then the other element "<"

so it would resemble ">I<"

the other way i see it might would be crossing the elements still joined in the middle.

one element would go "/" the other "\" and the coax joined in the center to look like a big "X".

i have looked on line with no luck.... maybe i am calling it the wrong thing?

hummmmmm not much towards what i am looking for.

how to build.

calulator for lenght

an idea of performance.

lots fo satalite and 80 meter as well as some for 2 meter, i found nothing yet for 10-12 meter.

i guess there is a reason for that though.:redface:

looks like it would work really good but seem like it would also since i can not find a calulator to detreminum the size, but from what i am reading it does seem to be very large, much larger than i thought it would be.:oops:

Size? Figure on a 1/2 wave dipole for length. If for one band, then each leg is the same length.
- 'Doc

Size? Figure on a 1/2 wave dipole for length. If for one band, then each leg is the same length.
- 'Doc

i will be using it on cb (11 meter) and my dipole is appox 17 foot.

so will each leg be appox 8 1/2'foot times 4

or will each leg be the 17' making it 34' long? i am thinking 17 by 17 is what you mean.

ok, i now have this built and the recieve is very good. though i can not get the swr below 4.3:1. if i make it shorter even by just 1/2" or longer by just a 1/2" the swr jumps to beyond what me meter can read.

i have been tuning, rebuiling, tuning for 3 ays now.... what am i doing wrong?

18' coax, into home made balun, then soilered on to the center of two 17'4 9/16" 12 ga insolated wires running 90 deg of each other.

ideas welcome.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.