• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yet another amp upgrade

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
I think this must be a sickness, or at least an obsession. I was at the Nearfest this weekend in Deerfield NH and I saw 3 beautiful Commander amps on a table. There was a 6M and a HF2500 then the Mac Daddy HF-3500. They all were in pristine condition and that HF-2500 kept calling my name all weekend so I just had to bring it home.
The guy who was selling it, Mike, was selling for a friend. Mike said he did all of the guys antenna work and could say that the HF-2500 might have 10 hours on it. I just couldn't resist at this point.

IMG_1504.JPG

This thing doesnt have a mark on it, it tunes up very easily and requires 30 watts or less on most bands to achieve full legal limit. Here are some views of the inside. Not a spec of dust anywhere with very light discoloration on the triodes which is normal.

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

This one is SN 844 and was tested on 1-10-07 before shipping. So as you can see this is one of the late model versions.

The best part is that Dan Simmons has purchased the Command Technologies rights back from Palstar and they will be releasing new and improved products for 2012, as well as supporting the Commanders that are out there right now.

Craig...Craig....You never stop!....Hey Dan's already back at it in Bryan, OH...he has been selling on Ebay(new product) for a few months...
I love that 2 x 3/500 amp he has out now...but my L4B puts out just as much as his...AND I have about 1K in mine after the refurb:D...not 2.8K he gets for a new one.
Enjoy
All the Best
BJ

Now that you mention it I thought I saw some brand new Commanders a few weeks ago. Didnt pay much attention.. You dont know what his e-bay user name is do you ?? I'll have to keep tabs on him..

This one is a real cream puff, the price was about average $2200 but after selling my TL-922A and the stuff I sold at the Fest, I'm about $600 out of pocket so I guess I cant complain !!

Still waiting on my Antenna's from Gulf Alpha for the Satellite set up, that will be the last upgrade of the season ( maybe ). Pete said 3 to 3 1/2 weeks but its been 5 weeks now and still no antenna's. I have come to expect this from him. Of course all good things are worth waiting for.

Looks great Craig, nice addition to the shack and I am sure it will give many years of service.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.