• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Zodiac Amp?

Looks like Ray's kind of layout. The 6DQ6 sweep tube was dirt cheap in the 60s and 70s. Was meant to be used in monochrome televisions.

This thing looks like a mobile amplifier. Can't imagine anybody other than Ray who might agree to tackle it. Too much like restoring a 1906 steam tractor to mow your lawn.

Sure, you could. But solutions that are vastly more cost effective have been developed since it was new.

50 years ago if you wanted wattage in the mobile, you were stuck with using tubes.

Not any more.

I messaged Amp repair guy to see if he could go through it and he said it's not something he works on and he know nobody thatll work on it and said he only works on base ham tube amps. so my next question what the heck kind of an amp do I have here?

Reactions: S&W357
so this guy doesn't put out decent wattage in the range close to 500w? I've been on the hunt for a mobile amp I'm trying to build a competition rig out of my 95 freightliner

I called mr felts! hes the man hahaha I'll probably get with them and get this madison and amp gone through I'll post pictures and updates as they come in. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to message me back and inform me on this unicorn of an amp I'd be confused without yall!

Reactions: S&W357
A lot of amps that Ray Buld wear Wired by Outhers .Ray just Made one for then to Copy Thats Why one has one colar wire in it and the next is a nother colaor Ray Didnt Draw The Wiring Planes He buld one and others Copy his Work But He sold Them After he test then.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.