• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 Meter WORLD WIDE Call signs

Too many "World radio's" and "Needle Benders" out there to where it's comical.

Many radio's are capable of talking around the world and nobody is bending anyone's needle.

Better to use your official CB call sign for those that have one or just make up numbers for your ID and not copy others.
TWRC keeps a list of all legit members, where they are located, their WR numbers, and the names of who they contacted over the air to get membership and when. They do have a lot of members from all over the world so I would expect to hear a lot of world radio's out there.

When I got my numbers, the only requirement was to make contact with two higher up members. Not sure why anyone would need to fake it. Made my two required contacts with a barefoot 8001XT.

TWRC keeps a list of all legit members, where they are located, their WR numbers, and the names of who they contacted over the air to get membership and when. They do have a lot of members from all over the world so I would expect to hear a lot of world radio's out there.

When I got my numbers, the only requirement was to make contact with two higher up members. Not sure why anyone would need to fake it. Made my two required contacts with a barefoot 8001XT.
OK,

I wasn't ware it's a radio club, I can respect that.

Thanks for bringing that up.

I accidently gave out my amateur call sign once while on 38 LSB dxing one day. Just a habit from operating on the amateur bands so much.
Don't know if I could get in any trouble for doing so?
No. And they probably forgot what you said which is a good thing. You don’t need a bunch of unknowns looking up your call sign off a freeking cb channel.

Reactions: Cable Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.