• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

5kW Mobile tube or solid-state?

Had a 3000, now ive got a 6000. Thinking of changing to two 3000s. My daily driver is working on getting a 3 tube 3-500z
I had excellent results with a 6,000 as a base. Although, I've heard from one questionable source that they may not hold up as well in Mobile use as a result of vibrations. I've also seen one that had a migrating grid wire problem. A brief conversation with the car battery and jumper cables across the filament and grid ring, quickly improved the tubes attitude. Have you seen any issues like this in the 6000 tube?

I had excellent results with a 6,000 as a base. Although, I've heard from one questionable source that they may not hold up as well in Mobile use as a result of vibrations. I've also seen one that had a migrating grid wire problem. A brief conversation with the car battery and jumper cables across the filament and grid ring, quickly improved the tubes attitude. Have you seen any issues like this in the 6000 tube?
Nahhhh its fine. The biggest issue with the 6000 is the higher plate v required.
The biggest benefit of the dual 3000 box is a simpler filament situation and slightly higher plate dissipation rating.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.