• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Adding swing

Have you considered turning the low carrier downt o 1 or 2 watts and letting it swing adjusting the modulation and maybe slowing down how aggressive the AMC is? Then put a decent amp behind it. Maybe add an EQ inline and doing a gold finger audio mod to it?

I am not against direct injection, MMM, or NPC modifications but depending on what you actual want going the NPC route or supressed carrier route might not be the best way to get to the goal!

Barring a select few on this sight that have the knowledge, skill and equipment to properly do NPC mod normaly NPC mod scream "white trash" or splatter box!

If I was a betting man I would guess you have no way to know the outcome of your mod and you do not plan on doing any filtering of the output. If I am wrong I appologize in advance but the Asch Conformity Experiments tells me I am right about 70% of the time!

So not trying to talk you out of anything just saying there are alternatives worth considering. 7 out of 10 times when I hear a super swing or NPC mod on air they sound like my sons sounded when they had their molars removed and had a mouth full of guaze and opiod pain killers. They sound loud but sound terrible. Making my needle swing means little if I can not understand what your saying. I ignore stations that sound bad no matter how loud they might be.

Another thing to consider is a lot of people ignore stations that have wildly swinging audio but not much power no matter how loud because they look like skip!

Lastly I would encourage you to think about what effect you will have on local traffic!

Other's have already given you technical idea's I thought I would give you moral or philosophical idea's to consider. Good Luck!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.