• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Cobra 139XLR or Uniden Washington??

ExitThirteen,
Couldn’t agree more. My 139 is currently down with a bad final so have to work my back up rig. TS440.:whistle: (Though I do have about 6 other back ups I could rotate in)
Once the 139 is back going it will be centered on the desktop!
View attachment 35862
David
switch.jpgswitch connection.jpg
I know this if an old comment, but I just bought a 139XLR myself. I wanted a Cobra SSB, was torn between the 139 and 142, took the advice from here and got the 139xlr. It has a double throw switch in the back and I was figuring it was "uppers" and "lowers". I'm sure someone here can look at this picture of the bottom side of the board and tell if those three wires in that location is uppers and lowers. Works fine and seems to be just that, but with no one to connect with, can't be sure, but it does cut the channel out when flipped.

Just connect a frequency counter to it, then run through the channels 1-40 on transmit to see what channels the switch gives you.

Reactions: BC Coyote
Just connect a frequency counter to it, then run through the channels 1-40 on transmit to see what channels the switch gives you.
You don't even need a freq counter ! Just use a portable shortwave radio to figure out where each channel is transmitting as you go through them.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m