• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

GALAXY DX 2547 For Sale

That's less than a 959 so what a bargain.
Yes Sir, it definitely is!! It's like I told Steve, I really don't need to sell it, but I do need to move some of them out and this one was replaced by the Ranger. I may list more radios but I doubt it will be anytime soon. The used market is currently in a slump. And if this doesn't sell, I'll put it in the closet with all of the others. :ROFLMAO:

Yes Sir, it definitely is!! It's like I told Steve, I really don't need to sell it, but I do need to move some of them out and this one was replaced by the Ranger. I may list more radios but I doubt it will be anytime soon. The used market is currently in a slump. And if this doesn't sell, I'll put it in the closet with all of the others. :ROFLMAO:
Hey, the world around us is looking pretty whack so if they don't sell then they might be tradeable for a sack of beans in the near future :ROFLMAO:

We could be the communication trading post shop when it all falls apart!

The economy stinks, nobody has money. I tried to sell my boat and trailer along with my Super A and ask a fair price but everybody wants you to about give it to them. I haven't even begun to try to sell some radios yet because I have a hard time biting my tongue when I'm dealing with chiselers. They don't want to hear the truth.

The economy stinks, nobody has money. I tried to sell my boat and trailer along with my Super A and ask a fair price but everybody wants you to about give it to them. I haven't even begun to try to sell some radios yet because I have a hard time biting my tongue when I'm dealing with chiselers. They don't want to hear the truth.
Yeah... If I don't sell it for 240.00 Shipped, it's going to stay home. I honestly had second thoughts about going down to this. It could have been the Jameson.. ?

Reactions: whiteastro
It use to be the Post Office was a pretty good job but you talk to the young people working there and it is unbelievable how they are jerking them around before they get put on full time with benefits. It's depressing so I don't want to know and hear too much. Just try to keep the head above water. And makes you wonder how many of them are bitching about us for collecting our SS and don't know what we had to do to earn it. Most of them wouldn't survive the conditions we worked under.

It use to be the Post Office was a pretty good job but you talk to the young people working there and it is unbelievable how they are jerking them around before they get put on full time with benefits. It's depressing so I don't want to know and hear too much. Just try to keep the head above water. And makes you wonder how many of them are bitching about us for collecting our SS and don't know what we had to do to earn it. Most of them wouldn't survive the conditions we worked under.
Lets face it, work ethic is hard to find and seems to be discouraged...And with the DEI hiring practices it's even harder to find knowledgeable people in any field anywhere.
The PO in particular has a mandate of putting people in charge that can't do the job they were hired for. Basically the govt mantra, F.. up move up.
With the downgraded requirements in high schools and colleges around the country, what more could we expect. Excelling is a no no.

But back to original topic, if I didn't have 2 2547's already I would grab it.

Lets face it, work ethic is hard to find and seems to be discouraged...And with the DEI hiring practices it's even harder to find knowledgeable people in any field anywhere.
The PO in particular has a mandate of putting people in charge that can't do the job they were hired for. Basically the govt mantra, F.. up move up.
With the downgraded requirements in high schools and colleges around the country, what more could we expect. Excelling is a no no.

Sing it!
IMG_20240726_104655.gif
And if I didn't have so many radios period, I'd grab that 2547! Too many radios, not enough space or money to buy every one that I see

Best wishes Selling it friend. More than anything it's not a high-want item as it's just a low power cb. People want other radios right now. Medium and High Power Exports with all the frequencies and extra goodies built-in.
So it's not the economy either. The economy is frigging booming right now with record high profits and stock market and record low unemployment. True, the lower class is being squeezed by inflation but the lower class is always being squeezed so .......

Hey, I just posted this to sell a radio. I understand the market isn't what it was 3 years ago. As for the economy or people's choices, or even the state of our our country, this is all just blah blah blah blah when it comes to whether I sell this radio or not. It will sell, or it will not. I'm perfectly fine either way.
I appreciate the concern.
And thanks for the best wishes! This I'll take. :)

73's

Last edited:

So True about the Work ethic or the lack of it in this world,Sometimes I just don't understand,I was never brought up to be lazy, Just Saying............As for the Galaxy 2547,I hear they are a pretty decent starter radio, unfortunately I already have enough radios at the moment.......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.