• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with echo board

Rascal058

Jul 4, 2024
I bought a LT-2N ranger -2019 board. It came with no instructions.. I wired it in a cobra 29 classic. It works, but on the control switch there is a capacitor , one side is soldered to the switch, the other side nothing. What is this capacitor for and what goes to it? Any help will be appreciated

I bought a LT-2N ranger -2019 board. It came with no instructions.. I wired it in a cobra 29 classic. It works, but on the control switch there is a capacitor , one side is soldered to the switch, the other side nothing. What is this capacitor for and what goes to it? Any help will be appreciated
Are you referring to the ranger eb-2015 or the pro trucker lt-2n which I think you have because it comes like that. The capacitor isn't always necessary but it goes to chassis ground if needed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Length on matching stubs is critical...Length of rods is part of the overall antenna...Would appear antenna is too Long...same on Both Polarities or different?
  • @ Crawdad:
    Here's a thought: Could the length of the SS welding rod need to be different than what the broken rod(s) were due to a different Velocity Factor of SS?
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Close to the same. Thats the rout I was going. But needed a second opinion. Thanks cranking the hazer up and down testing was getting to an old man. Upper 90s here. Cheers 297 The red dog north Alabama.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Maybe. I wasn’t impressed with just clamping the shield wire to the boom with a hose clamp. I built a l bracket with so239 female hubs. I posted a picture on the recent gallery’s.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Well I cut the matching stubs down 1 inch at a time from about 20” down to 6”. Still no real changes.