• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Hissy fit. AM vs Ssb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have used the reviews there too in the past to get a general idea of any faults that may be an issue but as far as general use, most reviews are like travel reviews.........all over the place. Some think it is the greatest thing on earth, while others detest their very existence and wonder why it was ever brought to market. Simply saying that you like it or that this antenna outperformed your last antenna does not really tell much without all the info.There are a few guys that give decent honest reviews but they tend to be the older types that were heavily into electronics repair, commercial broadcast engineers etc. The rest is the old Ford/Chev type arguments.

There isn't a better one that I can find either, including "Consumer Reports", pertaining to radio stuff. But it would be nice if there was.

Last edited:
I hate to burst your bubbles gentlemen but there are hissy, pissy fits in every RF-related forum out there, including THIS ONE. It's just human nature. The trick is to wade through the BS to find the useful information, IMO. There is usually a voice of reason and knowledge in every thread that genuinely wants to answer the OP's question without being a chest-thumper, they just share their knowledge. The rest is just background noise.

QRZ was designed around licensed operators and IMO is a great website, which I pay to support, just like I do here. It's a helluva lot more than just a forum. But just like this place it's full of humans and their nature. So you get hissy fits, again just like here.

Are there reviews of anything, anywhere that shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt?? Or a sack of salt?? But frankly review of ham-related stuff is all but non-existent on WWDX (yes, there is a forum here for that), so eHam is about the only choice. You just have to plow through the reviews written by the obviously-helpless to get to the useful info.

This is not a WWDX bash, just an opinion. I've been a member here for a while and like it here very much and help to support it (and to get rid of the annoying as f**k ads).

Somebody, somewhere once said something about glass houses.....

And besides, everyone already knows that AM sucks........;)

7 3

Last edited:
QRZ was designed around licensed operators and IMO is a great website, which I pay to support, just like I do here. It's a helluva lot more than just a forum. But just like this place it's full of humans and their nature. So you get hissy fits, again just like here.
(y) :)

Reactions: Crawdad
Are there reviews of anything, anywhere that shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt?? Or a sack of salt?? But frankly review of ham-related stuff is all but non-existent on WWDX (yes, there is a forum here for that), so eHam is about the only choice. You just have to plow through the reviews written by the obviously-helpless to get to the useful info.
(y):)

Reactions: Crawdad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ David K. Aldridge:
    Hi. I acquired a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that goes into xmit mode, xmit LED lights, but no output at all in any mode when monitoring on a radio right next to it. Nothing. It receives fine. Also, in the amp module on back, there are MRF454's in there. Those weren't factory, were they? Any clues? Thanks.