• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Im done with bird elements, a little too late :(

The elements are plastic or just the containers? I have several BIRD elements with plastic sleeves / containers going on three years and not a problem. I agree with you that the protective sleeves are thin and flimsy.
Also, I have not had any issues with the identification labels. Have you purchased the elements recently? Something has definitely changed in the past three years.
Yes the whole element is plastic, and the brass section on it is super thin and cheap. When i tink it whitn a screwdriver it sounds like some cheap pot metal brass colored. I bought them new about 6mo ago. Horrible! Cd elements are waaaay better. Built how it should be

Yes the whole element is plastic, and the brass section on it is super thin and cheap. When i tink it whitn a screwdriver it sounds like some cheap pot metal brass colored. I bought them new about 6mo ago. Horrible! Cd elements are waaaay better. Built how it should be
No copper (or brass) collar where they fits and lock into the meter? What was the cost of one element?

No copper (or brass) collar where they fits and lock into the meter? What was the cost of one element?
Yes they have the brass on Them but it is thin and cheap feeling. I question if it is brass at all. I think its a cheap pot metal with a thin brass coating. The cost per element depends on pwr level. I bought all H elements so they were from $230 up to $350 ea.

Yes they have the brass on Them but it is thin and cheap feeling. I question if it is brass at all. I think its a cheap pot metal with a thin brass coating. The cost per element depends on pwr level. I bought all H elements so they were from $230 up to $350 ea.
Wow! I've paid $199.00 for most of the H elements a couple of years ago. I looked online at Martin's and noticed the prices of the elements have increased.
I'm going to weigh my elements and I'll get back to you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ David K. Aldridge:
    Hi. I acquired a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that goes into xmit mode, xmit LED lights, but no output at all in any mode when monitoring on a radio right next to it. Nothing. It receives fine. Also, in the amp module on back, there are MRF454's in there. Those weren't factory, were they? Any clues? Thanks.