• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

irf520 mosfet for cobra 29

I have an idea for an Ebay product. A "MOSFET buyer's remorse" kit.

Would include a new bipolar final, likely a 2SC2078 and all the parts that get removed from the original circuit before the MOSFET mod, to restore the factory final circuit.

Would probably necessitate a disclaimer that the audio transformer and audio power chip are the buyer's problem if they are croaked.

I find this debate about mosfet finals interesting. Ive got a couple 29s with mosfet swaps they run good, draw slightly less current for the performance. I will say that i never see the watts the shops see. I run at 14 or 15v and my mosfet swaps do 30 ish on a bird 43p. I also have cobras with stock finals that do 35 so what does that tell me?

Remember folks, its not that serious. Its a cb radio. Its not the space shuttle. Sometimes if it works, its good enough.

Mosfets are pretty much our only option nowadays so I will get with it as best as i can.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.