• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Is the Acom 1200S frequency expandable? mars mod?

Bob Pyle

Apr 14, 2017
Can the Acom 1200S transmit frequencies be expanded? mars mod? I see the 600S is expandable by removing 2 diodes...

Found it!!! Same mod as the 600S. Remove diodes 202 and 203 on the cpu board. You can find it and pics on DX engineering web site. Works just fine.

Reactions: Sorin Schiop
Found it!!! Same mod as the 600S. Remove diodes 202 and 203 on the cpu board. You can find it and pics on DX engineering web site. Works just fine.
Good morning Bob. How goes the ACOM 1200S after mod? Still working good? I need to mod mine for MARS ops.

Question: Did you just desolder the D202 and D203 or did you bridge the poles of the two (connect them)? My 1200s no longer starts after the mod?
(13ct1009@gmx.de)

I did that but then it wouldn't start anymore, soldered it back in and it would work again?I bought the new Acom1200s and it also shows 26,000-30,000MHz when the diodes are in but when I want to send at a frequency of 27,315 it says frequency violation. If I unsolder the diodes it won't start anymore (display lights up dark, no CW piping)MFG13ct1009 Udo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ David K. Aldridge:
    Hi. I acquired a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that goes into xmit mode, xmit LED lights, but no output at all in any mode when monitoring on a radio right next to it. Nothing. It receives fine. Also, in the amp module on back, there are MRF454's in there. Those weren't factory, were they? Any clues? Thanks.