• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mother Lode ...

One way to tell is look at the circuit board it would say Astatic.

Took the bottom off the goose-neck microphone today. A VERY solid, thick piece of metal. See picture below of PCB. No identifiable markings. I hooked up a 9v battery. Everything seems to work. LED lights up, PTT and LOCK switches work. Sliders work. VU meter movement. The sliders I believe control volume and length of EOT beep. I didn't hook up to a radio because I don't have a 4 pin radio online at the moment.

mystery_microphone.jpg

I don't think it is a knock off it would never be as nice as this One.
Really lost on that one Mike but none the less sweet Desktop mic.

BTW A few "C" Notes means 3-4? 5-6? LoL

Microphone mystery solved ...

What is the mic on the far back right with the flexible goose neck??

Microphone mystery solved, kinda. I removed the PCB and located an ID number on the topside of the board, CB-9900.

maas1.jpg

Asked Mr. Google and came up with this; MAAS KM-9900, similar except missing "lock" button.

maas2.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a windscreen for this?

Yeh, I found this;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/130415619314?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

He lists on eBay Canada but he won't sell to Canadians. I don't like being put on the same list as Iranians or Iraqi's.
Screw him.
Pro-TECH Radio Communications has them in stock here in Ontario. Call John, at Pro-TECH, 613-524-4070, or email him, pro-techcommunication@bell.net. They should be about $4.00 each or so. John is a good egg, runs a fine radio store (sells Wouxun, and other portable radios, ham gear and his specialty, 10M and export radios and all kind of parts for same) and is a ham, VE3MHS.

Last edited:
Screw him.

My thoughts exactly. I run into this a lot on eBay. We're suppose to be "brothers in arms". Its these kind of bad apples south of the border that really "toast my bread". No offense intended for anyone else south of the 49th.

I'll call Pro-Tech and give him my business. Who knows, maybe I spend another few "C" notes there. Thanks Ed.

Nice Job Mike

Just to let you know the This Base Mic is still made and still Available at Local "UK" CB shops not Germany.

Inrage is the new Board (R) Owner.
Inrange Online

Again they are Great Microphones but also known to have a crackling PLL and need sprayed a few times a month.

Thanks for the info on the InRange site. Did not think it was still in production. I'll shoot another pic when I get some labels and knobs on it. Time to start looking into the TRAM's.

>> but also known to have a crackling PLL and need sprayed a few times a month.

Crackling PLL?? WTF! There's a PLL in that microphone? I wonder if I can get the "A" channels on it. :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the InRange site. Did not think it was still in production. I'll shoot another pic when I get some labels and knobs on it. Time to start looking in the TRAM's.

Crackling PLL?? WTF! There's a PLL in that microphone? I wonder if I can get the "A" channels on it. :LOL:

I think he meant "push to talk' or 'PTT'. Think he was saying that the 'PTT' has dirty contacts . . .
:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)
  • dxBot:
    deathstalker has left the room.