• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

need parts or its for sale

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
this much sought after radio decided to go channel blank.its not lost connection but segments are dead. anybody know where i can get replacement for the readout? if not its for sale. sadly i got it set power wise to run my kl 203
20241020_050216.jpg

I had that problem once with a Cobra 29 and a broken display. I sprayed CRC contact cleaned in on the channel changer knob and got my display back again. Can't guaranty anything but it might be worth a shot. The display was still working the last I tried it but it has been a while because it was a AM only radio. And I might have got the cleaner on more than the channel changer knob.

Reactions: Rwb
this much sought after radio decided to go channel blank.its not lost connection but segments are dead. anybody know where i can get replacement for the readout? if not its for sale. sadly i got it set power wise to run my kl 203
View attachment 70530
That is a common part. Common anode 2 digit display. May be a TLR321, but going from memory, that is going. Should be no problem obtaining a usable sub, based on dimensions and footprint.

Last edited:
Yes those 2 digit displays are not hard to find. If it's a common anode they're sold at many of the cb shops, if it's common cathode it will take just a tad more to find one but they're still obtainable.

ive sprayed the selecter and no change. got it used who knows whats went in its system voltage wise. i did manage to locate set in green from workman

Reactions: whiteastro
ive sprayed the selecter and no change. got it used who knows whats went in its system voltage wise. i did manage to locate set in green from workman
I have the Workman parts here. Or, I'll get you a Kingbright sub part number when I get to my bench. I am working on other projects this week. You can get the Kingbright from any parts house.

That is one that Uniden built for Rat Shack, it's a Uniden 122xl on the inside. Current trending price on E-Bay from completed listings is 80-299 dollars. Most are selling for 100-150.
It was a good laugh this morning that the radio is worth $20. :) I would be glad to pay $20 for one. I kept all of my TRC-465 radios. The Uniden 122 is the same but for some reason that one on AM does much better vs the other 4 TRC-465 radios I have.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m