• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

New HAM with lots of questions....

Thanks for the advice Turbo. Im looking for a HF rig with similar capabilities as yours. I would like to get a nice all band HF rig for my base and move this Icom 2820 out to the truck for a mobile rig. Im in the process of selling all of my CB radio equipment now to help finance the new HF rig. If anyone is looking for any CB equipment, I probably have it lol.

I am now ready to take my first plunge in to the world of ham radio.

Congrats on the Tech and General. Two meter simplex works here for me for ragchewing, also will do some ragchewing on CW but not sure if you use it.

So welcome to the hobby. And hey, don't get drawn into the "code / no code" ham stuff.:bdh:

You have a license and the skills to use the bands you're licensed for and you'll hear both sides of this argument but it doesn't matter. Just have fun in the hobby.

Sniper take a hard look at the Yeasu 857/897 radios if you are after an all in one rig..I hear alot of those on the air in my area and when I am on HF hitting some of the long range stuff,..personally I like the sound of those rigs on the air,they are compact to....

I would advise getting an outboard tuner such as a LDG Pro 200 to throw in line.Try to stay away from a tuner that is made just for one brand/model radio,so if you decide to trade/sell the radio you will still have a tuner on hand for future use

Glad to hear you are enjoying the world of ham radio...hope to hear you on HF soon !!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.