• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Presenting the reincarnation of the sl41 (stryker sr-76nc)

The good news is...there is another SSB radio in the works. That bad news is it's about the size of a Cobra 29. I can't elaborate on the features and asthetics right now.

Also, there will be another NC mic from Stryker that will boast a dynamic element. Something to look forward to.
I have a feeling it will be built on the q6 chassis, my assumption. Whatever it is they best hurry so it gets released before the sun cycle starts to simmer back dowm.
Now for the mic, that's interesting. The sr-65bc that's been around for a while turned out to be a turd.

I have a feeling it will be built on the q6 chassis, my assumption. Whatever it is they best hurry so it gets released before the sun cycle starts to simmer back dowm.
Now for the mic, that's interesting. The sr-65bc that's been around for a while turned out to be a turd.
The good news is that Stryker is now designing, building and testing in-house. The near-future will not share the current tech as it is now. They're already building their own daughter boards for the new 955 models.

I finally got a chance to put this microphone to work but not until a little modification. I took it apart and like some of you found the element was right up against the screen so I pushed it in to get it away. I installed a pop filter at the bottom of the screen basket the rewired it 6 pin to match the radio.

After plugging it into the new q6 pro the microphone sounds great on the monitor radio. Took it for a spin in the world of ssb and received several unsolicited compliments for the audio.
It's a keeper!

Next up I'll see how it pairs with some of the other radios in my arsenal.

It came in 3rd for me on my Q6pro. The #1 Digimike and #2 M575-M6 were slightly ahead of it for "drive". They all were clear. Plus the Digimike already has Channels and a PF button that can be converted.

I think in a "noisy" environment, it would come in 1st. It seems to have superior NC capability, IMHO.

Reactions: Eldorado828
It came in 3rd for me on my Q6pro. The #1 Digimike and #2 M575-M6 were slightly ahead of it for "drive". They all were clear. Plus the Digimike already has Channels and a PF button that can be converted.

I think in a "noisy" environment, it would come in 1st. It seems to have superior NC capability, IMHO.
I have a brand new unused 575m6 stashed away and you just gave me the perfect reason to break it out. I'll try that one next.

Reactions: Dr_DX
So I've been using this microphone for a while now and I really do like it. It gets plenty of unsolicited compliments so I'll call it a winner paired up with the q6 pro.

I have one minor complaint for using it as a base. Very minor, being nit picky.

The mic cord needs to be softer, where it's easier to stretch without pulling the radio off of the pedestal. I'll more than likely be changing it to one a little more flexible.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m