• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Question

Q-1) How high of an antenna do u want? 102",P10K etc??
Q-2) Where do you want the antenna mounted? And Why?
Q-3) How do you want your truck to talk? front? back? etc..
Q-4) What are your FUTURE plans with the truck with CB equipment?? How big do u want to go in say 1-2 years??
8-pill? 16-pill?

When you have answered those questions down to the last tack? Then you know what you want to do ...and you wont have to change anything...later down the road...

AM POWER

Yeah have another alternator in the shed. When i get the truck think ill hook that one up and try it out. If i can run the 4 pill i should be good to go. Or maby just hook the 2 pill up in the truck and have the 4 pill as a base!

Q-1) How high of an antenna do u want? 102",P10K etc?? Would like to get a 10K but will take the 102 for now

Q-2) Where do you want the antenna mounted? Would like it mounted right behind the cab. And Why? So its out of the way. And had a idea. Weld a piece of rebar strait to the frame.

Q-3) How do you want your truck to talk? front? back? Would like to be able to talk skip with no problem.

Q-4) What are your FUTURE plans with the truck with CB equipment?? How big do u want to go in say 1-2 years??
8-pill? 16-pill? Would like to get a 8 pill in a year or so, But need a bigger alternator.

When you have answered those questions down to the last tack? Then you know what you want to do ...and you wont have to change anything...later down the road...

Dont rush putting in CB equipment...
It takes time ,planning , patience, to do things correctly...
Yea and a few bucks :) :)

Logan..Look into getting a ALUMINUM cap for that bed of your truck!!!
WHY?
Then you will have alot more ground plane ...
Its alot more work yes...grounding the cap to the bed,,,and the bed to the frame...and the cap to the cab..and the cab to the frame...But..its worth it for skip talking !!!
And you can put more batts in the bed..if you wanted to go bigger than a 2x4 amp...ill take pics of my truck and load them up then i get a chance....give you an idea what il talkling about..:):)

AM POWER

To run a 8-pill amp and a 3-pill driver you need a 165a alternator mounted on to your engine (not to replace your stock alt) The stock alt stays where it is....
And for the batts? you will need 4-12v batts...as well..
And then you will do the smack down!!! LOL

AM POWER

How will a shell for the truck bed give you more ground plane? The truck box is metal, and unless you got a bedliner, it will still act as a groundplane. Why would a second alt be required? You can get a 240 delco alt, or a alt from mean green, that should have sufficient power to run the truck and radio equiptment. especially in a 81 chevy(gmc) without all the electronics that a newer truck has.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m