• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Recommondation $600 to $750

there's a problem there too since 400WAVG = 1064WPEP and 750WPEP = 282WAVG. it's rather apparent that the measurements are inaccurate or they're just making this stuff up as they go. regardless of the name on the box 4X2SC2879's don't produce 900W of anything at 27Mhz..

i guess that 2.4W per dollar spent looks pretty good to the uninitiated.

http://home.hetnet.nl/~l.van.lelieveld/inhoud.html

Here's an (Dutch) ham amp, running 8 times the transistor, followed by decent filtering, 140 amps at 13.8volts.

1000 watts PEP SSB and fully complying on all bands from 160 through 10 meters with the Dutch strickt FCC demands.

It can be done, but it needs an bit more effort, and certainly more knowledge of building P.A.'s

Been doing that since the 70's Tube and transistor, from H.F to microwave.

But i agree it is always fun to look at the advertisements of those amps and have an good laugh.

Futher it is better to invest in (making) an good antenna system, that will work both ways, transmit/recieve.

No need to be heard 1000 miles away if you only can hear 50 miles...

But that is just my 2 cents worth ;)

Cor

that amp is a 8 pill . 8x2879s should have no problem giving 1000 pretty clean watts in a properly designed amp .

The guy originally stated numbers and price were his main concern, sounds like a c biased comp box to me. Why wouldn't you buy one that has a great track record with a built in fan? GOLD BOX

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m