• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Replacement time for Anytone Q5N2

The Radioddity QT60 Pro has now been ordered. Time to button up the Q5N2 and sell it on to someone with the skills to fix it. I had some good AM DX contacts with it today so at least that part is still pumping. Too bad the SSB modulation is not keeping up with the party.
Just curious, but why not let someone from the forum take a stab at it? Even if so they could share the results here for educational purposes.

Hopefully it isn't but could be something that comes up again for another unsuspecting owner.

Reactions: BC Coyote
Just curious, but why not let someone from the forum take a stab at it? Even if so they could share the results here for educational purposes.

Hopefully it isn't but could be something that comes up again for another unsuspecting owner.
I'm kinda stuck on what to do. One the one hand, it sounds like the radio's problem may be something minor and cheap to fix if you know what you are doing. Or I can easily see myself with a $300 repair bill where a new one is $240. One the other hand, I can post it as a partly-working radio for (pick a number) $75 (or whatever) and a knowledgeable person can fix it cheaply and have a great-working Q5 for $85 (or whatever) and I can put this towards the replacement I just ordered. I do donate a lot of time and money to charities but I also have my own family bills to pay.

I'm kinda stuck on what to do. One the one hand, it sounds like the radio's problem may be something minor and cheap to fix if you know what you are doing. Or I can easily see myself with a $300 repair bill where a new one is $240. One the other hand, I can post it as a partly-working radio for (pick a number) $75 (or whatever) and a knowledgeable person can fix it cheaply and have a great-working Q5 for $85 (or whatever) and I can put this towards the replacement I just ordered. I do donate a lot of time and money to charities but I also have my own family bills to pay.
I'll trade you my rare gum wrapper collection for it.

I'm confused, I can't find a qt-60 pro. I find the qt-60 but not a pro.

Which one is that?
I'm getting less trusting in my dotage so last weekend I sent an email to Radioddity asking for confirmation I would receive the new version. Shortly after that, I received an email from a CSS with a link/invoice for the QT60 Pro. I used that link to complete the transaction. Knowing my luck at times, I will probably receive a walkie talkie of some type instead. Nah, I have a good feeling about this one. It'll be a keeper!

The more I think about it, the more I think you are right. People on this forum have really taught me so much (at least the tip of a very large iceberg) that it would be nice to know what happened to this radio. Especially if it was somehow caused by me so hopefully I don't do it again.

I'm willing to one-way ship it to a real tech for them to have a look at and see if they can figure out what's wrong with it. If it makes sense to fix it, they can fix it and hopefully pass it along to someone just getting in to the hobby. If it's not fixable, well, at least they have a parts radio where most of it still seems to work properly. Or they can toss it. I am not expecting to get the radio back.

My only request/hope is that they post what they find on the main Q5N2 thread so we can all learn from it.

Can anyone help me find a tech willing to do this for all of us? If not, no worries, it's just going back in the box on the shelf.

Reactions: Pez and Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.