• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

Ladies and Gentlemen The Realistic TRC-424 from around 1977ish ...see zip attached below.
View attachment 68472View attachment 68473
I consolidated your Zip into a single modified PDF. As usual I spliced together the schematic, and put it in a separate Jpg file. The high resolution of your original scans were great, but the circuit boards would have turned out a little clearer if they were scanned in at least 256 grayscale or color. When more shades are provided, I can use programs that can fetch out details that you won’t normally see. Overall your addition was well worth saving and I appreciate that post. I always look forward when someone posts a new high resolution scan. There are too many low res scans on the web that was done on equipment made years ago. I can’t tell you how many times I downloaded a needed schematic, only to find out that it’s unusable.
TRC-424 Schematic.jpg

Attachments

• TRC-424 service manual.pdf
    20.4 MB · Views: 5
I consolidated your Zip into a single modified PDF. As usual I spliced together the schematic, and put it in a separate Jpg file. The high resolution of your original scans were great, but the circuit boards would have turned out a little clearer if they were scanned in at least 256 grayscale or color. When more shades are provided, I can use programs that can fetch out details that you won’t normally see. Overall your addition was well worth saving and I appreciate that post. I always look forward when someone posts a new high resolution scan. There are too many low res scans on the web that was done on equipment made years ago. I can’t tell you how many times I downloaded a needed schematic, only to find out that it’s unusable.
View attachment 68499
Thank you Sunbulls. The schematic looks awesome with it spliced together.
I'll take a look around and see what I can upload, as it may help someone down the road.

Hello. I haven’t been doing electronics for very long, but I really like it, it’s my best hobby. By chance, I came across a damaged Johnson Messenger 4230 radio station, which I want to restore. The radio shows signs of life, but there is no push-to-talk switch or 220V power line. Since the circuitry is already ancient, I really need an electrical circuit. I would be very grateful if you find an opportunity to check the availability of this document. Thank you.

Hello. I haven’t been doing electronics for very long, but I really like it, it’s my best hobby. By chance, I came across a damaged Johnson Messenger 4230 radio station, which I want to restore. The radio shows signs of life, but there is no push-to-talk switch or 220V power line. Since the circuitry is already ancient, I really need an electrical circuit. I would be very grateful if you find an opportunity to check the availability of this document. Thank you.
I will check to see if I have that volume.... Dan

I have almost a complete set of Sams PhotoFacts for CB. If anyone needs info on a specific cb radio just like me know and I will see if I have that Volume. KEEP CB ALIVE!
Hi Dan, I am in need of Lafayette Comstat 19 (CB-14) and Comstat 25B (CB-33). Would you happen to have those?

Thanks,

SL

Scan for the Motorola CM550/555. I tried to leave some overlap on the images that span multiple pages to make it a little easier to follow lines when you're trying to figure out where a signal is going. Someone with skills may be able to stitch those together into a sin
Scan for the Motorola CM550/555. I tried to leave some overlap on the images that span multiple pages to make it a little easier to follow lines when you're trying to figure out where a signal is going. Someone with skills may be able to stitch those together into a s
Thank you TM, that is such a big help, radio is spot on now, and fittingly sitting on the top shelf, Motorola engineers certainly didn't cut any corners. Sony C2879 final was also blown so put in an MRF475 which it seems to like.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.