• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Sirio Performer 5000 Mount

I want to mount my antenna in the NMO hole I drilled into my trunk.
What should I purchase to make this happen?
I was in the same predicament not long ago, going from a laird nmo to a sirio megawatt 4000. Mine is also on the trunk lid and I couldn't find an option I liked so I went with an nmo to uhf adapter.

Good options thanks.
What if I wanted to loss the NMO and just go through the hole?
I think I would need something else as to not have the trunk bend with the wind speed pressure.
That's what I meant by saying there were no great options. I wanted to do away with the nmo as well but everything I found was mediocre at best. I even considered a plate to go underneath with one the the Wilson so-239 roof mounts but the quality of the connector was questionable after watching a few videos.

If you find a good option please share.

Reactions: RoadRanger
This is the one I had found. Nice gasket to keep the elements out and even comes with a rain cap.

It would probably work well in the 3/4 whole punched out but a few tube videos showed a lack of quality parts with this kit.

Screenshot_20240806_180033_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240806_180040_Chrome.jpg

Checkout breed love mounts he was a wide selection of different mounts good quality too
I looked there too but it won't work for me because the disc won't fit at the punched out location. My little commuter has a trunk spoiler so it's a no go for my situation.

If it weren't for that it would be a golden ticket.

Sirio actually make their own body mount. Never had one fail and they come with a weatherproof cap to put on when you've not got the antenna on.
sirio-so239-mount.jpg

sirio-so239-mount(2).jpg

Sirio actually make their own body mount. Never had one fail and they come with a weatherproof cap to put on when you've not got the antenna on.
sirio-so239-mount.jpg

sirio-so239-mount(2).jpg
Those are really nice but I couldn't find much info about them during my web searches. What I could find was across the pond. Do you know of a USA source?

Those are really nice but I couldn't find much info about them during my web searches. What I could find was across the pond. Do you know of a USA source?
Sadly not. If you're willing to spend the money look at Breedlove Antenna Mounts. Proper machined puck mounts made from 6061 solid aluminium that will outlive several vehicles. The SO239 mounts he does are $25 for the 2" diameter one or $45.99 for the 3 inch diameter. Shipping in the USA is $10.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.