• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker sr 955 hp version II

Waste of time. V2 already puts out 60+ watts SSB stock. Difference between 60 watts and 100 watts on the receive end is less than 1/2 an S unit ! Not exactly an impressive improvement LOL!

Reactions: sp5it and Rwb
Waste of time. V2 already puts out 60+ watts SSB stock. Difference between 60 watts and 100 watts on the receive end is less than 1/2 an S unit ! Not exactly an impressive improvement LOL!
I'm going to have one on my bench by next week and giving it a good Shake down. I have word from reliable sources that they actually put out quite a bit more than a hundred pep, so we'll see you when it gets here.

I'm going to have one on my bench by next week and giving it a good Shake down. I have word from reliable sources that they actually put out quite a bit more than a hundred pep, so we'll see you when it gets here.
I suspected they might be conservative with their numbers. Would you mind telling us where it's available from. I looked around the web and didn't find them.

Please do report back your findings. I'm curious how or if it can play with the identical board in the q5n2.

I suspected they might be conservative with their numbers. Would you mind telling us where it's available from. I looked around the web and didn't find them.

Please do report back your findings. I'm curious how or if it can play with the identical board in the q5n2.
I'm sworn to secrecy on this as far as availability at the moment. As far as I know, it is not being offered to the public quite yet. I am going to put it through it's paces for a couple of weeks and write a full report on the output, audio quality, any type of inconsistencies in the output levels, etc. I'm also going to check heat at both high and low output levels. I'll write a full report on it upon completion.

As far as installation, the finals and few more components must be removed from the main board before installation of the daughter board. I'm told these transistors are going to run on high voltage. They failed to tell me what that voltage is and like a dumbass, I didn't ask. I WILL find out before I make the report.

FOR THE RECORD: I'm also going to be testing a new handheld noise canceling microphone being developed by Stryker. I'm told it is of electret design and boasts a volume and tone controls using 10 turn pots. The shape is kind of fashioned after the palomar SL41, but supposedly much sturdier construction. It sounds like it would be quite useful in truck or other industrial conditions. We'll see.

Last edited:
I have seen noise-cancelling electret elements in the parts catalogs. Haven't tried to adapt one to a mike meant for a dynamic cartridge. If the mike's physical layout is designed around a tiny electret cartridge of that type, it should cancel noise at least as well as the old-tech dynamic mikes like the 636L and Road King 56.

After all, it's not really a noise-cancelling mike. It's a distance-cancelling mike. This is why you have to hold your lips close to the grille. Hold the mike at arm's length and it becomes a voice-cancelling mike. Noises coming from farther than a foot or so get attenuated in a big way.

Reactions: Rwb
I have seen noise-cancelling electret elements in the parts catalogs. Haven't tried to adapt one to a mike meant for a dynamic cartridge. If the mike's physical layout is designed around a tiny electret cartridge of that type, it should cancel noise at least as well as the old-tech dynamic mikes like the 636L and Road King 56.

After all, it's not really a noise-cancelling mike. It's a distance-cancelling mike. This is why you have to hold your lips close to the grille. Hold the mike at arm's length and it becomes a voice-cancelling mike. Noises coming from farther than a foot or so get attenuated in a big way.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a true noise canceling circuit. I see no advantage to the current "noise canceling" mics as turning the gain down and swallowing the element would achieve the same results.

Reactions: Rwb
I'm also going to be testing a new handheld noise canceling microphone being developed by Stryker. I'm told it is of electret design and boasts a volume and tone controls using 10 turn pots.
I hope It is more durable than their current noise canceling mic, An associate of mine called them and told them about the issue whit the ptt switch Stryker promised to send some new switches and told him about the new upcoming mike. This was about 3 months ago no switches yet.

I hope It is more durable than their current noise canceling mic, An associate of mine called them and told them about the issue whit the ptt switch Stryker promised to send some new switches and told him about the new upcoming mike. This was about 3 months ago no switches yet.
He should just call back and talk to shawn. Something probably got lost in the shuffle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Bueller?
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)