• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

This guy must be smokin' some stuff....

I was just looking through my local Facebook Marketplace for CB gear....
(right here in my little Deer Park, TX)

Found a guy selling 2 radios...
A Cobra 21 (plain old 23 channel), and
A Cobra 25LTD...

$150 EACH!!!!!!!

View attachment 69468
Those are true sleepers. You have been fooled......those are the gold models. 24K solid gold chassis. Better grab em before someone else does!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Those are true sleepers. You have been fooled......those are the gold models. 24K solid gold chassis. Better grab em before someone else does!
sadly.... I don't deserve to have such 'mint' pieces in my collection.

('mint' coming from PAVE-mint ... which these seem to have spent a LOT of time there!!!!!)

[edited to add]
truly... I am the kind of nut that would like to have a radio like that 21 in my stash.... but not at $150. No way.

sadly.... I don't deserve to have such 'mint' pieces in my collection.

('mint' coming from PAVE-mint ... which these seem to have spent a LOT of time there!!!!!)

[edited to add]
truly... I am the kind of nut that would like to have a radio like that 21 in my stash.... but not at $150. No way.
I scrapped one recently for the meter and some other parts

Reactions: guitar_199
I was just looking through my local Facebook Marketplace for CB gear....
(right here in my little Deer Park, TX)

Found a guy selling 2 radios...
A Cobra 21 (plain old 23 channel), and
A Cobra 25LTD...

$150 EACH!!!!!!!

View attachment 69468
Hey get a hold of that guy and find out where he gets that good stuff he is smoking. Maybe it will set us all free. LOL

I scrapped one recently for the meter and some other parts
I know how that works. A while back I bought a couple of Cobra 25's, a couple of Cobra 29's and a Cobra 21 (all 40 channel).... JUST FOR THE PARTS.
They were "ugly as home-made sin". Even if they WERE working.... THESE would be the "ugly puppies" that nobody picks to take home.

They are just there... for parts.

Reactions: Brother DXer
Then I ran into another ad.... $5.
The guy was describing an old "scanner" radio. Describing controls, describing the BNC antenna connector..... the received freq range..... ALL of it... described a scanner.

But the picture???? It was an MFJ-259B antenna analyzer and the picture showed it live and working.

$5.

I saw this on eBay today. The guy calls it a Base Station CB Radio. And only wants $500.00
It's neither of what he claims it to be.

Then I ran into another ad.... $5.
The guy was describing an old "scanner" radio. Describing controls, describing the BNC antenna connector..... the received freq range..... ALL of it... described a scanner.

But the picture???? It was an MFJ-259B antenna analyzer and the picture showed it live and working.

$5.
Grab that one!

And this next guy has some just amazing deals on some Texas Star amps that need just a touch of work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Bandit1:
    Hey guys I been out a while
  • @ Naysayer:
    ARRL paid ransom for their files back from s hack attack? Todays Amateur thread Reddit
  • @ Naysayer:
    In middle of an antenna job. Misplaced paperwork on purchased balun. It's a 1:1 current balun for a dipole that I disconnected a while ago. I purchased the balun from Canadian company where one input connection has a Red Dot. That for the center of coax, right?