• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Tram 1499 base antenna

Public Service Announcement. These 39 inch no ground plane antennas make very quiet receive only VHF High band/ VHF low band scanner antennas. After concluded a coat hanger and tin foil would be more useful as a CB antenna- I repurposed my Saturn and the coax it needed to tune to a SWR lower than 2.0 to a scanner antenna for local EMS/Police/Fire. Mostly all VHF High Band 155 Mhz. Receives well with little background noise. Keep squelch on my antique Realistic Pro 2001 at 11:00. still using the antique Radio Shack scanner. Like to set the red lights track on the channels. I had originally bought the Saturn for quick second base station antenna just to monitor my own transmission out. 'Thought I could set is up just following the instructions quickly with the extra RG8X coax had around and a 1 inch 1/4 EMT conduit as a mast.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.