• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Tram D62 unknown VR

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
Hey Everyone,
I have finished a Tram D62 repair and alignment by using the Cobra 132XLR info as I cannot find anything specific to the Tram. I was able to find a few differences but there was one VR that I cannot seem to figure out what its for.

1722024160905.jpeg

Now there's a mystery. The Sams shows a medium-fat electrolytic cap in that spot. A transistor next to it is TR24, but all it does is switch 8 Volts to transmit.

Must be a later revision of the circuit board than the Cobra.

Why don't you tried to add this mystery trim pot to the Schematic?

Then let the rest of us know how it's connected in the circuit by posting a shot of the schematic with this mystery pot's location.

I'm sure someone from the forum will figure it out.

Sams CB179's grainy monochrome pics do not show a circuit board number where the above pic shows KNTB001 at the upper-right hand side. Sounds like two different revisions to me.

This radio uses a double-sided circuit board with foil traces running between the components' legs on the top side. This makes manual tracking of the foil traces a lot tougher. A single-sided pc board is a lot easier to trace out.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.